Wednesday, June 5, 2013 |
1. After months of neglecting my blog, I'm picking it back up to write about my experiences in Paris!
2. Eric cooked me a traditional American meal the night before I left for Paris: Hamburgers! And they were delicious.
3. I have the sweetest husband in the world. He let me choose where we ate breakfast before he dropped me off at the airport. I'm a lucky girl. I chose Feast and had the Spring Hash.
4. This was the view from my apartment in Paris. Dreamy!
5. My first view of the Eiffel Tower. It was part anti-climactic and part perfection.
6. A visit to the Pierre Cardin museum. They allowed us to touch (and sometimes try on!) the clothes and accessories. I nearly had a heart attack.
7. Shakespeare and Co. This is what every bookstore should look like and feel like. It is absolutely perfect. I can just imagine Hemingway hanging out here.
8. Love Padlocks in Paris! I didn't add a lock because I'm saving that act for when Eric and I visit Paris together.
9. We went on a day-trip to Belgium and the first thing I thought of, obviously, was Belgian Waffles. They are a different breed of waffles over there...of the amazing variety.
10. What kind of dream life do I live? Riding a carousel, at night, with the Eiffel Tower in the background. Ahhh....
11. We had the absolutely incredible opportunity to visit the Opera in Paris and we saw Béjart/Nijinski/Robbins/Cherkaoui, Jalet, a series of modern ballets.
12. The Notre Dame! Of all the things I saw in Paris, this one lived up to the hype. It is so much more majestic than the pictures show.
13. The Mona Lisa. Many people find the Mona Lisa to be disappointing, they say it is smaller than they imagined. But I found it to be just right.
14. The Keith Haring Exhibit in Paris. I love the idea of taking a picture of a drawing of someone taking my picture.
15. The Pompidou Museum. This piece was made of nylon and spices. Apparently the artist was exploring all senses in art.
16. The D'Orsay Museum. This museum occupies a former train station, so naturally I loved the architecture. It also housed some of my favorite paintings: Impressionist.
17. I finally found a floral shop worth photographing! I thought they would be everywhere, but I only saw a few.
18. A big thanks to Eric for sending me ample SnapChats of Huxley while I was away. This one, saying he wished I was there, was my favorite.
19. I'M SO HAPPY TO BE HOME WITH MY HUSBAND AND MY HUXLEY!
20. One thing I picked up in Paris was walking. I hope to keep it up! This is a photo of my walk to work.
21. Checking out the new innovative classroom on campus. Of course I'm already dreaming of new classes to teach in this classroom...or ways to change my current classes to fit the classroom.
22. I was supposed to have a colonoscopy, so I was buying my liquids for the night before, but I had an adverse reaction to the prep and I had to reschedule. Ugh.
23. A big thank you to my MAMA for buying my first ever Kate Spade dress!
24. Eric and I drove to St. Louis to visit my parents over Memorial Day weekend and to celebrate my Dad's 55th birthday and my mom's PhD graduation we went to Elaia for dinner. It is definitely up there in my top 5 meals ever.
25. Mom and I got pedicures and then Mom bought me new shoes to show off my new pedicure.
26. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY-O!
27. Having our annual Memorial Day Burger Cook-Off. Eric's Risotto Burger won!
28. I have the cutest dog in the world.
29. Eric and I baked cookies with ingredients we had at home. They turned out to be some of my favorite cookies we've ever made. Yummo.
30. Mrs. Jessica Quirk invited me to the Kate Spade Opening at the Fashion Mall in Indy. Thanks, Friend!
31. Attending the Clips Beer and Film Tour sponsored by New Belgium.