Wednesday, October 3, 2012 |
1. I read How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran, LOVED IT. Read it.
2. Eric and I purchased our first sculpture, which also happens to be our first purchase from a Bloomington, IN artist. We've come to love purchasing art for our home and the 4th Street Art Festival is a great place to discover new artists.
3. Huxley has been such a doll this month (as always!) Here he is helping me read my book and being a cute little thing (as always!)
4. American Idiot was touring the country and stopped at the IU Auditorium. Eric and I always buy tickets to several shows at the auditorium and this was our first of the 2012-2013 year! It wasn't my favorite musical that I've ever seen, but it was good nonetheless.
5. I invited a few guest speakers from Kohl's to speak to my classes today. I really enjoyed hearing from them and seeing real-life examples of what I teach in class everyday.
6. Our very own IU Plaid was featured in the Indiana University Alumni Magazine! After it was released, I got an email from Tom Crean saying he'd be honored to wear an IU Plaid tie!
7. Our little family of 3 is on our way back to Missouri for the first SEC football game at Mizzou.
8. MIZ-ZOU We had a great time at the football game, even if we fell apart in the last quarter.
9. He makes me so happy.
10. "You'll learn something new every day if you pay attention" A quote on my office door, just a friendly reminder to my students. :)
11. Campus is looking beautiful on this cool, crisp, fall day.
12. This little cutie was hanging outside my classroom, just rolling around and begging to be petted. Needless to say, he put a big smile on my face and my students' faces.
13. I absolutely adore this painting done by my friend and colleague, Jane. I can't wait for her to do a piece for me!
14. Huxley's being silly.
15. We went apple picking at Anderson Orchard in Mooresville, IN. I've been wanting to go apple picking for years, it just looked so fun. And let me tell you, I had an even better time than I expected. I think apple picking will become a new fall tradition.
16. Huxley chewed a hole through our douvet, so we bought this new one from Target. And while we were at it, we bought new sheets, too. We love the new look!
17. I found a recipe for Pumpkin Martini's online (which I shared with you here) and I'm totally addicted. They're so delicious!
18. After finishing Caitlin Moran's book, I started reading The Paris Wife by Paula McCain. It is about Earnest Hemingway's first wife. I couldn't put it down. It was so beautifully written!
19. Really cute.
20. My favorite pizza in all of Bloomington, Finch's Dodogne Pizza.
21. A piece from the Samenwerken Exhibit at Grunwald Gallery.
22. Oliver Winery was celebrating their Fall Harvest this weekend. We went on a tour, sampled wines, ate from local food trucks and enjoyed the beautiful fall weather.
23. Sleeping in. Okay, really I was awake reading this book I can't put down! But I love the sunshine sreaming into the room, and my husband and dog asleep next to me. It was the perfect morning.
24. Amy Levin of College Fashionista skyped with my class about the advantages of social media.
25. I'm one of those mom's that post obscene numbers of photos of her cute puppy. I can't help it.
26. IU Plaid product has arrived!
27. I had the opportunity to tour Lane Bryant while attending the Costume Society of America Midwest Symposium. I really enjoyed the tour, I think I'd enjoy working there, too!
28. The Ohio State University allowed us to view the storage facilities of their Historic Costume Collection. They even had a WWII wedding dress made out of a parachute. It was he perfect addition to my presentation on WWII Wedding Apparel through Newspapers.
29. From Columbus, OH to Washington, D.C. Eric met me at the airport and we took the metro into town. It was quite romantic.
30. K'Naan performed at the Opening Ceremony of the 2012 SIFE/Enactus World Cup!