1. A beautiful view of a nature preserve just outside of Otavalo, Ecuador
2. A gift from an artisan in Quito, it is a bracelet with my name carved in it
3. A cuteness war between my Mom's dog, Truman, and my dog, Huxley
4. When I returned from Ecuador, I got very sick. I wasn't able to leave the house for about a week, so I took lots of photos of Huxley
5. Huxley really liked to snuggle with me when I wasn't feeling well, he did everything he could to make me feel better
6. We slept on the sofa for about a week straight, it was a rough week
7. My friend and colleague, Mary, brought be these flowers from the local farmer's market to help me feel better
8. When I started feeling better and stopped sleeping all day, I began reading The Happiness Advantage. This book was assigned to me for a Faculty Learning Community I joined about playing games to help students learn in the classroom.
9. I was in desperate need of a pedicure after returning home from Ecuador and spending a week sick, this made me feel so much better!
10. Eric got me a new watch as a surprise "welcome home" gift!
11. I went to work to learn how to use a computer aided design program called Lectra. We designed knits, weaves, and even styled our designs into garments.
12. After a year working at IU, I finally got my very own business cards!
13. This photo was taken at Food Truck Friday in St. Louis, we had just eaten way too much and we were feeling good!
14. A family photo at my parent's new home! We were getting ready to drop off our dog while we vacationed in Seattle. We missed Huxley so much while we were gone!
15. I'm posing here on Whidbey Island, just outside of Seattle. We took a ferry to get there and visited a few wineries. Don't I look completely content?! I was.
16. The Space Needle! Classic Seattle.
17. This photo was taken on our way to Lake Chelan. We stopped to take in the view of this beautiful river and stretch our legs. It was a long and winding road from Seattle to Lake Chelan.
18. I'm relaxing at Lake Chelan, toes in the sand and the water is splashing my feet. Life is good.
19. We saw the midnight showing of Batman: The Dark Knight Rises at a theater with reserved seats that recline, a blanket and pillow provided, free popcorn, and a waiter. It was incredible.
20. We saw the brand new ferris wheel at the pier in Seattle.
21. Flying home. It nearly took us all day to fly from Seattle back to St. Louis. I look forward to a day when I can afford direct flights wherever I want to go.
22. We drove back to the town where I grew up to see my dad's band, 2 Car Pile-Up perform at Prison Brews
23. Mom got me a manicure while I visited her in St. Louis, it is the trend now to paint your ring finger a different color than the rest of your fingers.
24. While in St. Louis, I met up with my sorority sister, Lauren Goth! She called me out on Facebook about not calling her while I was in town. It was so good to see her!
25. Eric is playing hopscotch on the sidewalk in historic St. Charles.
26. I'm back on campus in Bloomington to meet up with a group of faculty members who play games and talk about how games can be used to facilitate learning in the classroom.
27. Eric and I took a weekend trip to Chicago and got dinner with another sorority sister of mine, Sarah Crumbaugh.
28. Our friends Dan and Hannah took us to Wrigley Field to see a Cardinals vs. Cubs baseball game. Wrigley Field might be the second best place to watch baseball.
29. On our last day in Chicago, we took a river boat cruise to learn about the architecture in Chicago.
30. I discovered this beautiful stained glass window at a local Mexican restaurant on the square in Bloomington.
31. I attended two IT Training workshops today to learn more about Microsoft products.